- Obsolete Date 31-05-2025
- End of support date 30-08-2029
- Transfer rate 12Gb/s SAS per lane 6Gb/s SATA per lane PCI Express 3.0 x8 lane width
- Form factor Type-c modular controller
- Cache 1 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache
- Servers supported HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Compute Module
- RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 1 ADM
- Ports Internal: 4 SAS lanes
- Warranty The warranty for this device is 3 years parts only.
- Certifications FIPS 140-2 Level 1 Implementation Under Test with expected validation in 2018
- Additional features HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption (optional license)
Does your business need a controller to give you increased performance when connecting to internal drives on the HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Compute Module? The HPE Smart Array P204i-c SR Gen10 Controller, supporting 12 Gb/s SAS and PCIe 3.0, provides enterprise-class storage performance, reliability, security and efficiency needed to address your evolving data storage needs. This controller has four internal SAS lanes, allowing connection to SAS or SATA drives, supports Mixed Mode operations of RAID and HBA simultaneously, and offers encryption for data-at-rest on any drive. The Smart Array P204i-c SR Gen10 Controller is ideal for maximizing performance while supporting advanced RAID levels with 1 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache (FBWC). The HPE Smart Array Gen10 controllers are supported by the HPE Smart Storage Battery, which supports multiple devices and is sold separately.
Rapidly configure simple RAID volumes on unconfigured servers with the UEFI configuration tool, which also facilitates scripting support to configure an array via iLO through RESTful interface.
The HPE Smart Array P204i-c SR Gen10 Controller has increased flexibility with Mixed Mode which operates in RAID and HBA simultaneously.
Improved Efficiency and Storage Management
Long-term data retention with 1 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache for improved data reliability.
Preserve data integrity with HPE SmartSSD Wear Gauge, which alerts you to potential drive issues before a drive fails.
Complies with regulations for sensitive data, such as HIPAA and Sarbanes-Oxley with HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption—IUT with expected FIPS 140-2 Level 1 validation complete in 2018.
The HPE Smart Array P204i-c SR Gen10 Controller protects data-at-rest on any drive attached to the controller with HPE Smart Array SR Secure Encryption (optional license).
Built-in Reliability and Security
Increased Performance for Faster Data Insights
The HPE Smart Array P204i-c SR Gen10 Controller is an enterprise-class controller that increases performance in messaging, database, or general server applications and delivers 12 Gb/s SAS connectivity on the HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Compute Module when connected to 12 Gb/s internal storage devices.
Increases performance with 1 GB Flash-Backed Write Cache and reduces latency in write-intensive applications that require heavy logging such as databases.
Enhances performance in storage environments where data is read repeatedly from a large number of SSDs by using HPE SSD Smart Path to create a faster I/O path between the controller and SSD.
- HPE 12W Smart Storage Lithium-ion Battery
- HPE 96W Smart Storage Lithium-ion Battery with 145mm Cable Kit
- HPE 96W Smart Storage Lithium-ion Battery with 260mm Cable Kit
- HPE Smart Storage Hybrid Capacitor with 145mm Cable Kit
- HPE Smart Storage Hybrid Capacitor with 260mm Cable Kit
Be the first to review “HPE Smart Array P204i-c SR Gen10 (4 Internal Lanes/1GB Cache)”