- Obsolete Date 31-12-2099
- End of support date 31-12-2104
- Weight 4.65 kg
- Heat dissipation 200 BTU/hr 216 kJ/hr
- Product dimensions (H x W x D) 1.73 x 17.42 x 12.77 in
- Minimum dimensions ( H x W x D) 4.39 x 44.25 x 32.43 cm
- Memory and processor Dual Core ARM Coretex A9 @ 1016 MHz 1 GB DDR3 SDRAM Packet buffer size: 12.38 MB and 4.5MB Ingress, 7.785 Egress 4 GB eMMC
- Switching capacity 176 Gbps
- Throughput up to 112 Mpps
- Power Consumption 2 power supplies are supported: JL086A PSU (each): 470W JL087A PSU (each): 860W
- Weight 10.25 lbs
- Operating humidity range 15 to 95% @ 104°F (40°C) (noncondensing up to 10000 ft)
- Latency 1000 Mb Latency: < 3.1 µs 10 Gbps Latency: < 3.4 µs
- PoE capability Up to 1440 Watts
- Input voltage 100 – 127 / 200 – 240 VAC, rated or 110-127 / 200-240VAC, Rated depending on power supply
- Ports (44) RJ-45 autosensing 10/100/1000 PoE+ ports (4) Dual Personality 10/100/1000 BASE-T PoE+ or 100/1000 Mbps SFP Ports (1) uplink module slot, (1) stacking module slot
- Power supply name JL086A Aruba X372 54VDC 680W 100-240VAC Power Supply, JL087A Aruba X372 54VDC 1050W 110-240VAC Power Supply
- Management features Aruba AirWave Network Management Aruba Central IMC – Intelligent Management Center Command-line interface Web browser Configuration menu SNMP manager Telnet RMON1 FTP Out-of-band management (serial RS-232C or micro USB)
- Warranty Limited Lifetime Warranty: See www.hpe.com/networking/warrantysummary for warranty and support information included with your product purchase.
The Aruba 2930M Switch Series is designed for digital workplaces optimized for mobile users. These powerful Layer 3 access switches are easy to deploy and manage with advanced security and network management tools like Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, Aruba AirWave and cloud-based Aruba Central. Modular stacking, uplinks and power provide scalability and simplicity for enterprise edge, SMB and branch office networks. The 2930M delivers performance and value with support for static, RIP and Access OSPF routing, 10GbE and 40GbE uplinks, models with 24 ports of HPE Smart Rate multi-gigabit Ethernet, up to 1440W of PoE, robust QoS, and Dynamic Segmentation for unified and secure access.
- High Power PoE models deliver up to 60W of PoE per port.
- Simplify with Zero Touch Provisioning and cloud-based Aruba Central support.
- Scale with modular 10 chassis stacking and up to 1440W PoE.
- Modular 10GbE and 40GbE uplinks and HPE Smart Rate multi-gigabit support.
- Models with 24 ports of HPE Smart Rate with IEEE 802.3bz.
- Aruba Layer 3 switch series that is easy to deploy and manage with Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager and on-premise with Aruba Airwave.
The Aruba 2930M Switch Series is designed with a powerful Aruba ProVision ASIC, to enable the mobile campus with low latency, increased packet buffering, and adaptive power consumption.
Performance and Power at the Edge
RMON and sFlow provide advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms and events.
The Aruba 2930M Switch Series supports Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager for unified and consistent policy between wired and wireless users and simplifies implementation and management of guest login, user onboarding, network access, security, QoS, and other network policies.
Aruba Airwave Network Management software provides an on-premise network management platform for wired and wireless network devices. Cloud-based management with Zero Touch Provisioning supported by Aruba Central.
Simplify with Integrated Wired/Wireless Management
Dynamic Segmentation provides user and port-based traffic tunneling to an Aruba Mobility Controller or Branch Gateway so that policies can be applied, advanced services can be extended to users and IoT devices, and traffic can be encrypted to protect the network.
Out-of-band Ethernet management port keeps management traffic segmented from your network data traffic.
Supports both cloud-based Central and on-premise AirWave with the same hardware ensuring change of management platform without ripping and replacing switching infrastructure.
Powerful multilevel-access security controls include source-port filtering, RADIUS/TACACS+, SSL, port security, and MAC address lockout.
Flexible authentication options include standards based security protocols such as 802.1X, MAC and Web Authentication, to enhance security and policy-driven application authentication.
The Aruba 2930M Switch Series includes security and quality of services (QoS) features to build a network that meets ever-changing corporate policies and compliances while protecting your data from both inside and outside attacks.
Security and Quality of Service You Can Rely On
Supports hot swappable and redundant PoE power for wireless access points, cameras and phones and can easily scale to 1440W with choice of power supplies. High power PoE models deliver up to 60W of PoE per port.
Plug and play with up to 10 chassis stacking allowing automated failover enhances network resiliency and RPS support delivers power redundancy.
Increase performance with selectable queue configurations and associated memory buffering that meets your specific network application requirements.
High-Performance Layer 3 Access Switches
The Aruba 2930M Switch Series provides performance, security, and ease of use for enterprise edge, SMB, and branch office networks.
Optimized for the digital workplace with unified management tools such as Aruba ClearPass Policy Manager, Aruba Airwave and Aruba Central. Provides optimal configuration automatically when connected to Aruba access points for PoE priority, VLAN configuration, and rogue AP containment.
Pay as you grow modular stacking (10 chassis) and modular 10GbE (SFP+) and 40GbE (QSFP+) uplinks. HPE Smart Rate multi-gigabit Ethernet models support high speed APs over existing cabling and upgradeable power supplies allow your network to quickly scale when more PoE is needed.
Robust Layer 3 feature set includes Access OSPF, static and RIP routing, ACLs, Dynamic Segmentation, sFlow, IPv6 with no software licensing required.
Designed with a power ProVision ASIC, the 2930M supports multiple programmatic interfaces, including REST APIs and Openflow 1.0 and 1.3, to enable automation of network operations, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- HPE 3Y FC NBD Exch A 2930M 48G P Swt SVC
- HPE 5Y FC NBD Exch A 2930M 48G P Swt SVC
- Aruba 1G SFP LC SX 500m MMF XCVR
- Aruba 1G SFP LC LX 10km SMF XCVR
- Aruba 1G SFP LC LH 75KM SMF Transceiver
- HPE 1G SFP RJ45 T 100m Cat5e XCVR
- Aruba 100m SFP LC FX 2KM MMF Transceiver
- Aruba 10G SFP+ LC SR 300m MMF XCVR
- Aruba 10G SFP+ LC LRM 220M OM2 MMF Transceiver
- Aruba 10G SFP+ LC ER 40KM SMF Transceiver
- ARUBA 10G SFP+ TO SFP+ 1M DAC CABLE
- ARUBA 10G SFP+ TO SFP+ 3M DIRECT ATTACH
- ARUBA 10G SFP+ TO SFP+ 7M DAC CABLE
- HPE X410 1U Universal 4-post Rackmount Kit
- ARUBA 2920 0.5M STACKING CABLE
- ARUBA 2920/2930M 1M STACKING CABLE
- Aruba 2920/2930M 3m Stacking Cable
- HPE X142 40G QSFP+ MPO SR4 Transceiver
- Aruba 3810M/2930M 1-port QSFP+ 40GbE Module
- Aruba 3810M/2930M 4 Smrt Rte PoE+ Module
- Aruba 3810M/2930M 4-port 100M/1G/10G SFP+ MACsec Module
- Aruba X371 12VDC 250W 100-240VAC Power Supply
- Aruba X372 54VDC 680W 100-240VAC Power Supply
- Aruba X372 54VDC 1050W 110-240VAC Power Supply
- Aruba 2930 2-port Stacking Module
- HPE Premier Flex LC/LC Multi-mode OM4 2 fiber 1m Cable
- HPE Premier Flex LC/LC Multi-mode OM4 2 fiber 2m Cable
- HPE Premier Flex LC/LC Multi-mode OM4 2 Fiber 5m Cable
- HPE Premier Flex LC/LC Multi-mode OM4 2 Fiber 15m Cable
- HPE Premier Flex LC/LC Multi-mode OM4 2 Fiber 30m Cable
- HPE Premier Flex LC/LC Multi-mode OM4 2 Fiber 50m Cable
- Key Dynamic Segmentation Use Cases – At A Glance
- Eyes on the goal, head in the game: football powerhouse AFC Ajax finds a new edge
- Aruba 2930M Switch Series – Datasheet
- Aruba 2930M Switch Series
- Aruba Play Card for Primary Education
- Aruba Products and Solutions Brochure
- HPE Smart Rate for Multi-Gigabit Performance Solution Overview
- The Network Switch in a Mobile First World – Solution Overview
- What Is High Power PoE? – Technology Brief
- ABC Photosigns transforms IT infrastructure and management companion slide
- ABC Photosigns transforms IT infrastructure and management case study
- Policy Enforcement Firewall for Dynamic Segmentation – Technology Brief
- Web Content Classification Bundle – Datasheet