- Obsolete Date 31-12-2022
- End of support date 31-12-2027
- Tiering support Yes, access larger numbers of servers from a single local or remote console
- Power Rated Voltage 100 to 240V AC auto-sensing (auto-switching) Rated Frequency 50 to 60 Hz Rated Input Current 0.5 to 0.25A Input Power 100W (max) Heat 340 BTU/hr (max)
- Weight 4.4 lb
- Number of servers, maximum Two levels of cascading are available to support up to 256 servers
- Weight 2.04 kg
- Product dimensions (H x W x D) HxWxD 1.72 x 17.0 x x6.69 in
- Minimum dimensions ( H x W x D) HxWxD 4.36 x 43.8 x 16.99 cm
- Number of simultaneous users, maximum up to 2 users as 1 remote users and 1 local user
- Number of server ports 8
- Input voltage 100-240VAC auto-sensing (auto-switching)
- Warranty 3-year limited warranty
- CAT5 cable 1 power jumper cable included
Do you need secure remote access to connected devices with easy management and control? IT professionals who spend significant time in server rooms know the importance of a good quality KVM console switch with the features that you need to access your compute, storage, and networking hardware. HPE Advanced IP KVM can help IT Managers do more with less including better utilization of existing IT assets, especially in dynamic virtual IT environment. By providing secure, remote access and control of your connected devices, you can consolidate device management anywhere in the world while reducing operating and equipment costs.
Shared mounting attachment points allow mounting horizontally in the front or rear (1U) of a standard 19-inch HPE rack enclosure; vertically (only in an HPE rack) in the 0U space located in the sidewall of the rack with connectors up only; or lastly, behind an HPE 1U keyboard/monitor product.
HPE Advanced IP KVM in the rear rack mount position may be mounted behind a HPE 1U Rackmount Keyboard, or the rack mounted keyboard and monitor with slide rails provided with the switch.
Remote and Local Virtual Media
HPE Advanced IP KVM supports up to 2 users as 1 remote user and 1 local user.
Full remote KVM functionality – Remote KVM control of servers and serially attached devices at near local performance.
Administrators can map local media on a workstation to a remote server in the data center or remote office to easily perform application installations or upgrades.
When used locally with the HPE LCD8500, USB drives can be connected to the front USB port on the Console for increased ease of use.
HPE Advanced IP KVM in the side mount position uses optional rails for mounting the unit to the side of rack cabinets with side mounting capability.
Multiple Space Saving 0U Installation Methods
Programmable Scanning – An evaluation of system performance can be made by sequentially scanning any or all of the computers in the system. Programmable scanning allows you to determine which computers to include as well as the duration of the connection.
On-Board Web Interface (OBWI) – Browser based access for management of the KVM Appliance and Interface Adapters as well as initiating a remote console session with a managed device.
Local Console OSD – Displays all system-related information on the console monitor.
HPE Advanced IP KVM allows you to easily switch between remote KVM and iLO sessions directly from the IP Viewer software.
Easily Manage Switch and Connected Devices
When all tiers are comprised of virtual media compatible console switches and interface adapters, virtual media can be mapped to a server on any tier.
HPE Advanced IP KVM includes two levels of cascading which support up to 256 servers.
Tiering Support Included